DEFINITION OF CLUB MEMBERS:
Family: 2 adults & up to 4 children;
Student: over 18 and in full time education;
Junior: under 18.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY:
Members are obliged to comply with the ‘Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport in Ireland’ of the Irish Sports Council. The Club’s statement on its Child Protection Policy is on its website.
Members are obliged to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Acts 1988-2003. The Club’s Data Protection policy is available on the website.
RIGHTS OF MEMBERS*:
- Can enter grounds and enjoy facilities;
- Play in Club Championships
- Attend and vote at AGMs and EGMs;
- Propose new members to the club committee.
* If a member fails to pay the renewal fee within 2 months of the renewal due notification, they shall be deemed to be no longer a member of the club.
BEHAVIOUR on TENNIS COURTS:
- Proper tennis shoes must be worn on court.
- No bicycles, scooter or buggies shall be allowed on the tennis court area.
- All rubbish should be removed off the courts.
- No loud music allowed on court.
- No unsupervised children allowed in the club house.
- Members shall abide by the schedule drafted by the committee and posted on the website for court usage during peak times.
- Court usage will be limited to one and a half hours if there are people waiting to play.
- Free courts adjoining those in use cannot be used when League Matches are in progress without the agreement of the League team captain.
- Courts cannot be used after 11 p.m (Summer) and 10 p.m. (Winter).
ACCESS FOR JUNIORS:
- The times of use of courts by juniors will be at the discretion of the Club.
- Carraig Tennis club is not responsible for providing adult supervision for children other than at organised junior coaching, junior camps and junior tournaments.
- Carraig Tennis club does not accept responsibility for juniors that arrive to the club to play on their own. It is strongly recommended that if children are playing in the club independently of the club’s organised activities that a parent/guardian stays with them for the duration of the activity.
- Please note that Junior members must use Junior Fobs to access the courts, Adult Fobs cannot be used by juniors. Juniors are not permitted unsupervised access to the clubhouse.
The courts are available free of charge to non members on Saturday afternoons from 12-4pm (approx) unless the courts are in use by the club for a league or tournament. Non members must observe the general rules posted on the courts. The clubhouse facilities are not available to non members.
A non-member who is taking coaching lessons at the club is not entitled to use the courts at any other time outside the coaching sessions.
INFRINGEMENT OF RULES AND MISCONDUCT:
A member of the Club may be the subject of disciplinary proceedings in the event of an alleged breach of the Club Rules, or alleged misconduct, or an allegation of bringing the Club into disrepute.
The Rules of the Club are subject to change by the Club committee at any time as they may see necessary.