NB: These Rules must read in conjunction with the Club’s current Covid-19 Protocols which take precedence
DEFINITION OF CLUB MEMBERS:
Family: 2 adults & up to 4 children;
Student: over 18 and in full time education;
Junior: under 18.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY:
Members are obliged to comply with the ‘Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport in Ireland’ of the Irish Sports Council. The Club’s statement on its Child Protection Policy is on its website.
Members are obliged to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Acts 1988-2003. The Club’s Data Protection policy is available on the website.
RIGHTS OF MEMBERS*:
- Can enter the club grounds and enjoy the facilities;
- Can play in the Club Championships
- Can attend and vote at AGMs and EGMs;
- Can propose new members to the club committee.
* If a member fails to pay the renewal fee within 2 months of the renewal due notification, they shall be deemed to be no longer a member of the club.
BEHAVIOUR on TENNIS COURTS:
- Proper tennis shoes must be worn on court.
- No bicycles, scooters or buggies shall be allowed on the tennis courts.
- All rubbish should be removed off the courts.
- No loud music allowed on court.
- No unsupervised children allowed in the club house.
- Members shall abide by the guidelines set by the Committee for the booking of courts
- Members must cancel their bookings in good time if they are unable to play
- Free courts adjoining those in use cannot be used when League Matches are in progress without the agreement of the League team captain.
- Courts cannot be used after 11 p.m (Summer) and 10 p.m. (Winter).
ACCESS FOR JUNIORS:
- Juniors can play between the hours of 10am to 8pm.
- Juniors are not permitted to bring guests to the club.
- Carraig Tennis club is not responsible for providing adult supervision for children other than at organised junior coaching, junior camps and junior tournaments.
- Carraig Tennis club does not accept responsibility for juniors that arrive to the club to play on their own. It is strongly recommended that if children are playing in the club independently of the club’s organised activities that a parent/guardian stays with them for the duration of the activity.
- Junior members must use Junior Fobs to access the courts, Adult Fobs cannot be used by juniors. Juniors are not permitted unsupervised access to the clubhouse.
Members may bring a guest up to four times per year. Members must notify the club in advance by email of their intention to bring a guest.
The courts are available free of charge to non members on Saturday afternoons from 12-4pm (approx) unless the courts are in use by the club for a league or tournament. Non members must observe the general rules posted on the courts. The clubhouse facilities are not available to non members.
INFRINGEMENT OF RULES AND MISCONDUCT:
A member of the Club may be the subject of disciplinary proceedings in the event of an alleged breach of the Club Rules, or alleged misconduct, or an allegation of bringing the Club into disrepute.
The Rules of the Club are subject to change by the Club committee at any time as they may deem necessary.